We believe you can find fulfillment in Unity if you are seeking a teaching that:
- Sees religion as an open-ended search for Truth rather than as a closed system.
- Offers more than once-a-week religion; gives you positive ideas to think on and to apply in your daily living seven days a week.
- Welcomes in dignity and love, people of all races, colors, religions, social backgrounds, life-styles and economic levels.
- Has no creed requirements; never asks you to profess something you may not believe.
- Does not impose any financial burden on its adherents; is supported by freewill offerings, and looks upon tithing and other forms of giving as the joyous response of a generous spirit-filled soul.
- Teaches that no negative condition of mind, body or affairs is incurable. “Jesus’ goal was to help everyone–you and me–to understand the great potential within and to help us make the breakthrough for ourselves. His entire teaching, shorn of the theological embellishments that have been added, is a simple outline of techniques by which we can release our own innate potential and be transformed by the power of our own divinity.” – Eric Butterworth.