Unity has five principles:
- God is absolute good, everywhere present.
- Human Beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ Spirit within. Their very essence is of God and therefore they are inherently good also.
- Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
- Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection with God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity, and everything good.
- Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, are not enough. A person must also live the Truth that he or she knows.